Starsky

Wow wow WOW I just discovered Starsky  I've driven by it many times but tonight (thank you Phil) we decided to stop in for some bread having no idea what we were about to walk into.  It blew my mind!  The further I walked the more excited I got.  I have never seen such an amazing deli counter.  They had such a huge variety of sausage and deli meats and you were able to sample them all!  We were both starving and and maybe took advantage a little, but the people there encouraged it - so good!  Not only did they have all that meat but they had an impressive selection of cheese, fish and other meats.  Starsky imports most of their food from Europe and you can find some huge selections of European olive oils, balsamic vinegars, sweets and on and on.   Did I mention the prices aren't bad either?  That's right.  I think if you were to  do a whole grocery shop there that probably wouldn't make sense though.  This is also coming from somebody who does most shopping at No Frills, but your call.  We bought some Provolone, Emmentaler (some kind of spreadable cheese), 4 sausages, salami, prosciutto and yogurt for under $20... not bad.  Don't have any pics but here's the linkhttp://www.starskycanada.com/loyaltycard.html

Comments

  1. I am definitely going to check this place out when I am down there - the pictures on their website are amzaing...I too will enter deli Nirvana. Thanks for the tip, Ali.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment