Calphalon Cooking School


Disclaimer:  Before I begin I just want to say this post was not a hint for Phil on what to get me for Christmas. One year for my birthday he got us both a cooking class at Calphalon that we took together and I loved it, so that’s why I mentioned it. For the record, Phil had finished my Christmas shopping when I posted that anyway. He knows me so well!





This will be me tonight!

We’re making:
Boursin Stuffed Filet Mignon with Shallot Pan Jus
Roasted Apple & Butternut Squash with Cumin
Glazed Young Root Vegetables
Pomme Anna with Pancetta
Dark Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Berries

How good does that sound?

In case you were wondering how these classes compare to a course you might take at George Brown or another culinary institute, well it’s a big difference. These classes are meant to be fun. You definitely learn a lot, but they do a lot of the tricky parts for you. You’re also able to enjoy a glass of wine while you cook! I noticed when we were there last time that a lot of people go with friends or in a couple… this time I’ll be going on my own. At George Brown you’re training for a career in the industry or you’re an at home cook like me who wants to learn more. I recommend both!

Comments

  1. Good for you Ali! this sounds waaaaaa-aaay funner

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! They also make you a snack before you begin. Will post pics soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment