Calphalon Cooking School


My class at Calphalon was a lot of fun.   The food turned out great, but I was a little disappointed at the end when it felt like we were being rushed.  The instructors seemed stressed once they realized the class would run over so they weren't taking the time to explain things like they did at the start.  Having said that, I realize these things happens and look forward to when I take Beef 201 in February.  Sorry the photos didn’t turn out that well.



This here is a little snack  they prepared for us.  Such a good idea since most of us come straight from work.  It was lamb skewers with a citrus mango salad.





My Potato Anna is a little on the well done side.  If I make this again (not sure if I will) I’ll make sure to cut the potatoes thinly.  Here I’m going for more of a... um... rustic look.  



Next time I'll probably try the filet mignon stuffed with a blue cheese instead of the Boursin.  I’ve never cooked a nice piece of meat like this on the stovetop and it came out beautifully!  I can’t wait to try it again.  Because of all the smoke I think when I do try this at home I’ll have to disconnect my fire alarm first. Yes this is the filet mignon with the pan jus, glazed baby vegetables on the potato... just a little hard to tell by the photo. 




Comments