Pizza


I picked up this fresh dough from an Italian bakery around the corner from us.  Pizza at our house is meant to be a quick and easy meal, so none of this making your own dough business.  Yes I realize I could prepare dough ahead of time and store it in the freezer, but I don't enjoy that, I`m just not much of a baker period.  If you can buy good fresh pizza dough from a bakery or have a few boxes of puff pastry or phyllo in the freezer to make your life easier, go for it.  I also think if you're entertaining it's okay to have help with a store bought dessert or a nice cheese platter, it`s just as good.  Or take up your guest's offer to bring something and ask them to bring an appetizer or dessert.  You'll find it makes your life a lot easier to have some help.
Besides being a quick and easy meal, pizza is also great to use up leftovers in your fridge.

What I added to the pizza:

Olives
Mozzarella
Prosciutto
Mushrooms
Marinated peppers
Basic tomato sauce
Garlic
Fresh Rosemary
Fresh Thyme
Dried red pepper flakes

I added fresh arugula and a squeeze of lemon just before serving.

Comments