Jumbo Empanadas

Have you checked this place out yet? So good! Two empanadas, a Humita (ground corn and spices wrapped in a corn husks and boiled), a glass of Chilean red wine and a beer for $25.




It’s a little gem on Augusta in Kensington Market that's easy to miss. For those of you who aren’t familiar with empanadas, it’s a soft dough pocket filled with meat, a little bit of black olive, chopped boiled egg and raisin. The people are friendly and the person who I think is the owner is very sweet. It looks like a family owned and operated business where they work very hard to deliver the freshest product. I forgot to mention they serve homemade spicy salsa with the empanadas!

I like to recommend this place to out of town guests because it’s cheap and located in the market. It's a fun place to shop and people watch. Seriously, if you haven’t gone, GO!

As you know a massive earthquake hit Chile on Friday. If you would like to donate please click here.

Comments

  1. YES! I go all the time. Chilean dude from my office says that empanadas across the street are better but they're take-out only. I'm waiting for the weather to get nice to go try the other place.

    I heart food wrapped in bread!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment