Bourbon Ribs

How was everybody’s weekend? Mine was very relaxing. We got a lot done for the wedding and also had my parents over for a BBQ on Sunday afternoon. I served Bourbon Ribs and Curry Mango Sausages (sauasges from Boffo's of course)


Um… I might have to enter a rib fest this summer. These ribs were that good. I attempted ribs a couple of times last summer without much success, until now. I took a combination of two recipes found on epicurious. The dry rub marinade had so much flavour without being overpowering and the BBQ sauce was sweet and savoury.



Sorry for the blurry photo. I forgot to take photos while BBQing and I was in such a rush to dig in I didn’t notice it was a blurry. You’ll just have to trust me on this one that they were that amazing.


Basting sauce

1/2 Cup of brown sugar
1/4 Cup bourbon whiskey
1/4 Cup apple cider vinegar
3 Tbs apple juice
2 Tbs Dijon mustard
1 Cup of BBQ sauce

Ribs

1 Tbs of salt 1 tablespoon (packed) golden brown sugar
1 1/2 Tsp dry mustard
1 1/2 Tsp dried thyme
1 Tsp ground ginger
1/2 Tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 Tsp cayenne pepper
1-2 racks baby back pork ribs

1 large onion, sliced
1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
3-6 thin rounds peeled fresh ginger
1 1/4 cups apple juice

Preparation

For basting sauce:

Whisk all ingredients in medium bowl to blend.

For ribs:

Mix first 7 ingredients in small bowl. Using small sharp knife, loosen membrane from underside of each rib rack and pull off (or score membrane). Rub 1 tablespoon seasoning mix into each side of each rib rack. Place ribs in large roasting pan. Cover and chill at least 6 hours or over night.

Preheat oven to 325°F. Lift ribs from pan. Scatter onion, cinnamon stick, and ginger in pan. Pour in apple juice. Return ribs, meat side down, to pan; cover pan with foil. Roast ribs until meat is tender and begins to pull away from bones, about 2 hours. Uncover; cool at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.

Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill ribs until heated through and slightly charred, about 5 minutes per side. Brush generously on all sides with basting sauce. Grill until sauce becomes sticky glaze, about 3 minutes longer per side. Transfer rib racks to cutting board. Cut racks between bones into individual ribs.

You can thank me later.

Comments

  1. Your ribs look really delicious. I found your blog by chance but I'll be back often to see what you've been cooking. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary! And now that leads me to your blog that I can't wait to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious too. I need free time to cook! Maybe you can mail me some...ha. yummy.

    Twila
    blog.twilasvintageclothing.com
    twilasvintageclothing.com

    Thanks for visiting my blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment