Zucchini and Ricotta Pasta


Last week I started hot yoga classes with Sarah and Beth. It was my first time taking a class so when Beth said “try not eating for two hours before” I was a little concerned. It sounded intense. I needed to make something quick and easy and nothing too heavy. This dish was perfect.


Earlier that day I had picked up a Martha Stewart Food magazine and found this recipe. This would of course work with any vegetables you have in the fridge – the more colour the better. The only thing I added was the roasted cherry tomatoes.

2 tbs olive
1 zucchini, sliced
1 cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half
Lemon zest, grated
½ Cup of ricotta
Whole wheat linguine
Salt to taste
Freshly ground pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 450F.

Arrange vegetables on baking sheet and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions on the package. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add oil, lemon zest, vegetables and toss to combine. Serve pasta topped with the ricotta.  As you can see in the photo I went little nuts with the ricotta. Cheese is my weakness, what can I say.

Comments

  1. I've been wanting to try that kind of yoga. Sounds intense, but fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely recommend it. I went again last night and I feel great today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment