Summer Summer Summertime!

Okay so I'm not going to ignore the fact that I haven't been blogging for a few months now, but I think I have some pretty good excuses.  First, it's summer out there! When the clock hits five I just want to be enjoying the rays.  Whether it's watering my vegetable garden, having drinks in the backyard or going for walks by the water... anything but indoors and on the computer!  We're finally having a real summer and I can't imagine letting it go to waste. 



My second reason is I was planing a wedding!  July 17, 2010 Phil and I tied the knot.   Sigh... it was such a beautiful day.  Though earlier in the day there was hail as Phil was leaving our house and lightening in the background during the ceremony, but it never did surface and we enjoyed a beautiful sunset later in the evening.

After the wedding Phil and I headed to Midwest USA for hockey school.  Since it was also our sort of honeymoon we spent a couple of days before we left on Wolf Island at a bed and breakfast.  The B&B was an old minister's retreat and we had the whole place to ourselves.  After returning home for a day to pack up we left to Mackinaw Island in Michigan for the weekend before we arrived in Wisconsin for hockey.  While Phil was doing his thing on the ice I relaxed in a cottage by the water.  Last, we spent the weekend in Chicago.  I'll post pics of all the places we ate soon.

 Summer isn't over yet but I plan on making more of an effort now that things are back to normal.  Anyway, since we got home we've been pulling lots of veggies from the garden so I'll have to start cooking with all those amazing fresh ingredients. Get ready for a lot of zucchini and tomato based dishes.

Comments

  1. Welcome home AliK!
    I have a GREAT David Rocco recipe for stuffed Zucchini Flowers! Don't let those wonderful little guys go to waste - they are SO tasty!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding looked beautiful.. I want to see more photos!!!


    Twila
    blog.twilasvintageclothing.com
    twilasvintageclothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mara - I love stuffed blossoms!! I've been meaning to do something with them. Please send!

    Twila - Thanks so much it really a perfect day! I'll post more soon. I'm meeting a friend for lunch today who's giving me a DVD with a bunch of pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    you sure made a beautiful bride. i love the veil across your faces!!
    aw man congratulations. and welcome to wife-dom.
    that sounds ominous.
    it isn't meant to.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment