Summer weekends are way too short

What did you do this weekend?  I started off my weekend with a Thai massage after work and a spaghetti dinner watching a movie later with Phil.  I made the sauce on Thursday night with a bunch of tomatoes from our garden.  The garden is exploding with them right now.  I'll probably make more sauce later this week.

Saturday we walked down to the lake and grabbed a coffee and tea and read for a bit, and later we stopped by the Kerr Street Farmer's Market.  We discovered this stand that I've never seen before with lots of smoked meat and fish - called Smokeville, I believe.  We treated ourselves to smoked salmon and smoked pulled pork.  We had a nice light lunch with the salmon outside on our doorstep when we got home before a BBQ we were headed to in the city.  Can't wait to have the pulled pork on sandwiches later this weekend.  I will for sure return next week to get some of their smoked trout that they were all sold out of.  I have a weakness for smoked fish.

This is a salad with the salmon, artichokes, boiled egg, caper berries, tomatoes, and greens with a little extra virgin olive oil and green onion.  So fresh tasting!


Now we're off to meet Phil's family for a picnic.  Fingers crossed it doesn't rain! Hope you're having a good weekend!

Comments

  1. This looks like something out of a magazine - glad you had such a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment