Tomato Mushroom Polenta

This is a quick meal I put together with the leftover polenta that works great on a weeknight.  I also make this with that polenta roll you sometimes find at the grocery store.  The only difference is I bake it with a little olive oil and parmesan cheese and top off with a tomato sauce.

 There’s no recipe here, really.  Just use whatever tomato sauce you have in the fridge weather it’s store bought or something you’ve made.  When I know I’m making this I pick up a variety of mushrooms like Crimini, Chanterelle, Shitake, Oyster, Porcini and whatever other favourites you may have.  I never really choose Portobello, I think they’re overrated, but that’s another blog post.   

  

Chop up your mushrooms and sauté with some olive oil, Thyme and garlic.  If you have some sherry pour a little of that, or red wine - and if you don’t have any wine try sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar.  Once  they’re soft add the tomato sauce and let simmer.  When heated through pour over polenta with a healthy portion of parmesan cheese. 

Comments