Maple Glazed Salmon


Isn’t the colour of this salmon beautiful? I haven’t had fish in awhile but when I walked by the fish section in Whole Foods I couldn’t resist. I had also recently read an article in Cook’s magazine about perfecting glazed salmon so I was excited to try some of the techniques. It was nice to read that I wasn’t only one who was struggling with keeping the maple syrup glaze on my protein. I didn’t have the article anymore so I had to go off memory and I think it worked out rather well.


Ingredients:
¼ Cup of maple syrup
1 Tbs. of molasses
1 Garlic clove, minced
1 Lemon, zest
2 Tsp. of soy sauce

We had a piece of fish suitable for two, so feel free to add more of the above ingredients if you’re making more.

Preheat oven to 400F.

Add all ingredients to a small sauce pan and heat on medium-low until slightly thickened. Score surface of the meat to allow the marinade to stick and let flavour absorb. Marinate fish in shallow dish for 30 minutes in the fridge. Cook fish for 20 minutes or until it easily flakes with fork.

Comments