Yogurt Marinated Salmon


I usually make this marinade for chicken.  It's my go-to meal when I need to feed a crowd.

In the summer we had a party and that's what I made.  My butcher, Boffo's, was cutting up a few chickens for me and offered to marinate it and vacuum seal it so I could pick it up just before the party (how amazing is that service?).  I made extra marinade and told him he could have it, and he loved it; however, he used it for salmon.  That's what I did here and it was amazing.  You can try this on pork too.  It really is a fantastic marinade.

I served it with thinly sliced baked Yukon Gold and Sweet potatoes and asparagus. 

1/2 Cup of plain yogurt
2 Cloves of garlic, minced
1 Tbs of gingeroot, peeled and shredded
1 Lemon, juiced
1 Tsp of ground cumin
1 Tsp of garam masala
1 Tsp of ground turmeric
1 Tsp of ground corriander
1/2 Tsp of chili powderKosher salt to taste
4 salmon fillets with the skin removed

Preheat oven to 450F.

Place the salmon in a shallow dish or freezer bag.

Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and mix well.  Place salmon in marinade and make sure all pieces are covered with marinade.  Cook for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork in the centre.

Comments