Sweet Potato Fries

I've been eating sweet potato fries a lot lately.  It's partly because I keep on buying sweet potatoes when I grocery shop thinking we've run out but it's mainly because they're delicious, and good for you too!  I do change the recipe each time I make them though.



Ingredients:
2-3 Large sweet potatoes, sliced thinly
Half an onion, chopped
1 Red bell pepper, chopped
2 Egg whites
1 Tbs of canola oil
1 Tbs of Cajun spice
Kosher salt, to taste

Preheat oven to 450F.

Place cut potatoes, onion, and bell pepper in a bowl.  In a separate bowl whisk egg white and then add your oil.  Pour egg mixture over potatoes and toss then adding the Cajun spice.  Place in oven to cook for about 40 minutes, or until the potatoes edges are slightly browned.  If they need more seasoning give add some kosher salt.

Comments